Monday, July 25, 2011

A Simple Request

This morning, my wife asked me to make french toast. This being one of my favorite meals to make; I got right to it. Last night, my son and I shared a peach that we got in a 'Bountiful Basket'. It was amazingly flavorful. We had two peaches left, so I decided to put them to good use with my french toast.

Recipe: (serves 4)
8 Eggs
5 Tbs. Sour Cream
8 slices of bread 
(I usually leave the bread out in the open for about 20 min before using in french toast. It lets the bread soak up more batter)


Topping:
2 Peaches
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
1 Tbs. Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
3/4 Cup Water


Lets Start with the topping:
Slice peaches (should get about 16 slices from each peach). Put in Saucepan along with brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, walnuts and water. Bring to a boil on high heat for 1 minute, then reduce heat to medium and let simmer until thickened (about 10 min). (Note: Will thicken even more as it cools.)


Heat skillet on medium to medium/low heat. Add a pat of butter to pan. Crack eggs into dish big enough to lay 1 slice of bread in. Add Sour Cream. Whisk until completely mixed. Dip 1 slice of bread at a time, allowing bread to soak for 30 to 40 seconds. Drop in skillet and cook 3-5 minutes for the first side and 2-3 minutes for the second side. 


Add topping and a dollop of whipped cream - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment